At the level of education and research
The faculty teaches a curriculum that is designed to qualify medical students to be efficient doctors capable of meeting the health needs of people and society in an excellent way. Consequently, they will be able to compete at the local and international levels, and have a lot of stamina to pursue higher studies and do research scientifically and systematically. Based on teamwork, the University of Kalamoon contributes to the development of medical services to meet health problems of high priority in a scientific and practical way in accordance with the international medical advances taking advantage of the laboratories and equipment the University has.
At the level of health care services and social participation
The Faculty of Medicine ensures high-qualified and safe health care for logical costs via the Medical City of the University. It also helps identify and meet the health needs of our society in coordination with the health care competent authorities. All of that is done through practice and education.
1. Qualifying medical doctors as high-qualified general practitioners who are aware of the health needs of society, and capable of pursuing higher studies and doing scientific researches that link the University with society.
2. Developing the university medical education depending on the scientific and applied medical procedures in accordance with the contemporary and scientific development.
3. Raising the spirit of medical teamwork, i.e., qualifying medical students capable of working within an effective team and having communication skills.
4. Contributing to develop teaching methodology and scientific research using advanced educational aids that are in harmony with internationally-accredited scientific research bases.
5. Providing students with academic guidance during undergraduate and post graduate programmes as well as helping alumni to choose the optimal scientific course.
6. Encouraging the cultural, artistic, social and athletic activities which build students’ characters from an intellectual, social and health point of view.
7. Deepening the cultural ties with all the faculties, health centers and scientific bodies in Syria as well as Arab and foreign institutions.