Faculty of Business and Management
The Faculty of Business and Management was established by virtue of decree no 293 on 18 August 2003 which officially decreed the founding of the University of Kalamoon. The Faculty started operating on 02 October 2003 and it has graduated a total of 862 students in different specializations. Its graduates have already started to assume administrative positions and careers
Praise be to Allah who created man
And taught him that which he knew not
And taught him speech and intelligence
I would like to welcome you in the website of the University of Kalamoon. I hope the page of the Faculty of Business and Management meets your expectations. By visiting our page, you can obtain information about the Faculty, its various departments, mission, goals and its activities in community service and other student activities as well as the services offered.
Our Faculty has been established to provide society with proficient graduates.
The Faculty’s administration endeavors to constantly develop the curricula and majors to involve up-to-date administrative sciences to keep up with the needs and developments of the labor market. For that purpose, the Faculty’s administration seeks to recruit qualified academic teaching staff and observes the laws and regulations recognized by the University and the Ministry of Higher Education as well as the academic quality standards observed by the Ministry of Higher Education.
The Faculty’s administration also strives to link the Faculty with the community through academic activities and conferences. Students are further encouraged to take part in Arab and international symposia and events to receive training and improve their graduation projects in order to address common problems in administration.
As the Faculty is in its early stages of development, we are keen on recruiting experienced and highly qualified academic staff in order to make use of their experience to upgrade the academic standard of the Faculty, achieve excellence in the various specializations and link the University with the community.
I sincerely hope that our Faculty attracts students wishing to refine their leadership skills. For our part, the Faculty will be committed to achieving high-quality education outcomes. For that purpose, a new syllabus has been proposed for the Management Department and its various sections (management- human resources management- tourism and hotel management- electronic business administration), the Finance and Banking Department and the Accounting Department.
The Faculty of Business and Management strives to assume a leading and pioneering role in the field of administrative, financial and accounting sciences on the local, regional and international levels.
Since its establishment, the Faculty’s vision has been to assume a pioneering role among universities in Syria and the region in the field of management and business administration, prepare leaders and future managers and graduate qualified and trained staff who are capable of competing on the local and regional labor market.
The mission of the Faculty of Business and Management at the University of Kalamoon revolves around the following two points:
1- equipping graduates with the adequate level of qualification and training to meet the modern requirements of the various specializations at the Faculty
2- achieving excellence in community service through training and qualification of pioneering human resources in all aspects of administrative work and equipping them with the necessary linguistic and computer skills to meet the requirements of modern management
The Faculty has set the following goals for itself:
1.graduating administrative staff capable of assuming leading positions in private and public institutions and providing them with up-to-date knowledge and advanced skills to contribute to development and progress
2.equipping students with the necessary skills and knowledge to improve productivity in various economic sectors
3.upgrading the educational process and ensuring an interactive environment in which teaching, research, training, upgrading skills and practical application are integrated so that the graduate’s experience is enhanced
4.upgrading the expertise of administrative staff in the public and private sectors through encouraging lifelong and continuous learning programs and courses
5.encouraging research and publishing and broadening the knowledge base of the teaching staff
6.contributing to bridging the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical reality through using educational programs which meet contemporary requirements in the fields of business and management
7.cooperating with international universities to set up joint academic programs which are compatible with the standards of those universities particularly in higher studies
Faculty Administrative Structure
It is comprised of the dean, vice dean, heads of departments, secretary (a technical staff member) and student representative.
The council holds a weekly meeting, discusses the mechanisms of developing the educational process and clinical training at the faculty and makes the appropriate decisions on various scientific, administrative and student affairs.
|Dr. Hussein Ballot
|Dr. Hussein Ibrahim
|Dr. Mohammad al-Sakka
|Dr. Mustafa Adam
|Dr. Farzana Yara Ahmadi
|Dr. Adnan Karkour
|Dr. Atef Awad
Based on the recommendations of the Faculty Council, the University awards the following academic degrees:
– Bachelor in Business Administration- Management
– Bachelor in Business Administration- Marketing
The Faculty of Business and Management consists of the following academic departments:
1- Management Department
2- Marketing Department
The Faculty will restructure its programs following a new syllabus as follows:
· Management Department: including the following sections:
2- Human Resources Management
4- Management Information Systems
5- Management of Production Processes
6- Tourism and Hotel Management
7- Electronic Business
· Finance and Banking Department
· Accounting Department
Cooperation with Arab and International Universities:
The Faculty seeks to sign student exchange agreements with Arab and international universities. It has successfully concluded an academic cooperation agreement with the Business and Management Faculty at EMU in Cyprus
Activities and Events:
- promoting cooperation between the Faculty of Business and Management and production and services institutions in the public and private sectors in order to provide students with training opportunities and link the University with the community
- holding meetings with the UoK President and Vice-President for Academic Affairs to discuss the Faculty’s affairs
- nominating some outstanding students to take part in the activities of Dubai Festival as well as other local and regional conferences and events
- holding an academic open day in Hama
organizing the following events:
- The First International Conference on Enhancing the International Competitiveness of Syrian Business Sector
- The International Business Game Simulation Seminar
- participating in the WTO conference, the International Forum for Finance and Investment Institutions and attending some workshops and lectures on management information systems during the ITCA conference
- organizing a study tour to Amman Stock Market as well as a number factories, companies and the Syrian Stock Market
- hosting many officials and specialists to contribute to specialized and educational symposia and lectures as well as organizing a publicity day for the faculty
- organizing a student-training trip to Germany
- organizing a course on Globex (a business game simulation program) for the Faculty’s students and teaching staff focusing on international trade and business