– Providing the community with graduates who have distinguished competencies in theoretical, experimental and creative sciences in the fields of architecture and civil engineering, and are able to apply their acquired knowledge into practice successfully.
– Developing the entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and entrepreneurship among its graduates, in a way that contributes to developing the local architectural identity which draws inspiration from our original heritage and leaves an impact our future generations would be proud of.
– Providing high-quality educational and research programs to contribute effectively to the development of scientific research, and to take part in professional research projects that serve and meet the needs of national development plans and the continuous development of civil and architectural engineering professions.
– Enhancing the faculty important role towards society in the field of city planning, architectural design, structural and executive studies, and project management at the country level.
– developing our community by transferring and keeping pace with technology and creative as well as scientific skills and localizing them in all disciplines of civil and architectural engineering, especially the urban, architectural and executive aspects of education, whether by research and community service.
1- Defining the profession spirit and respecting its ethics, rules and laws
2- Raising the scientific level, preparing the specialists, and qualifying them with a high level of civil, architectural, cultural and technical engineering knowledge
3- Developing the study plan continuously according to international standards, relying on the methods of criticism and analysis, and dealing with it in teaching, scientific research and professional practice
4- Emphasizing the local identity and developing it with a contemporary sense.
5- Developing students’ creative talents and communication skills
6- Activating the link between the graduate and the labor market, by linking academic achievement with practical practice and field training, with the aim of raising the level of student competitiveness in the labor market
7- Developing the individual personality and belonging to the group and teamwork as well as enhancing social responsibility
8- Strengthening the ties with the environmental, social and cultural environment, and participating in cultural and artistic activities, exhibitions and university trips
9- Seeking international accreditation for academic programs
10- Keeping students and researchers informed with modern and traditional technologies to employ them in professional skills and technical creativity
11- Contributing to achieving the goals of higher education, and working to raise the level of scientific, technical and cultural human resources and linking them to the community needs
It is a great pleasure for me to welcome all of you at Faculty of Civil and Architectural Engineering at University of Kalamoon, and to start this new academic year with a bunch of distinguished professors and engineers as the academic staff in the different fields of civil and architectural engineering.
The specific role of the Faculty of Civil and Architectural Engineering is to elevate academic performance to the level of internationally recognized standards, as well as to spread the quality and innovation culture, to have highly qualified graduates with the specifications set by the international academic standards. Being here at the Faculty of Civil and Architectural Engineering is a rare opportunity not available in other universities, will enhance the great benefit you have in integrating civil engineering and architectural information and linking it, through joint scientific projects and lectures, which will put you in the rank of excellence compared to graduates of other universities.
Since University of Kalamoon has been instilling necessary basics for developing including distinguished human cadres and solid infrastructure, its policy today includes the desire to establish the pillars of development, modernization and quality, and provide the ingredients for creativity and innovation in a world where the products of the human mind accelerate in the fields of both knowledge and technology, this requires the permanent development of human skills, and the development of qualified cadres, in order to be able to deal with the developments of this era and adapt to its results. Our faculty is also concerned with the necessity of linking university education with the daily interests and needs of citizens; transfer of technology, and in providing appropriate outputs for the labor market and the professional environment.
Finally, I would like to deliver our students, engineers of the future, a parental message and advice. It is certain in today’s world that science, technology and innovation have become the main engine for development and economic growth, improving productivity and strengthening competitiveness. Furthermore, scientific and technical development has become the most prominent feature of this century. Therefore our students, I want you all to be patient, to develop yourselves and not to stop learning “all the knowledge you have is nothing but a little” and to take advantage of your laptops as well as the Internet to search for sources of information; to see the latest developments in the fields of knowledge and engineering specialization, and not to waste precious time on social media.
Although your tasks are heavy, your message is noble; it is to contribute to the reconstruction of our wounded country. Each according to its specialization, you should familiarize yourself with the latest methods of studies and designs in civil and architectural engineering, with a view to develop your human skills and develop qualified cadres; By rebuilding what has been destroyed, rehabilitating and strengthening damaged installations and infrastructure, and employing all national efforts and experiences to rebuild what has been destroyed of our great historical facilities.
Once again, I welcome all of you to the Faculty of Civil and Architectural Engineering, and I hope you all a study period full of interest, hoping also you will take an active role in building our beloved homeland.
Peace, mercy and blessings of God
a. Dr.Ammar Kaadan
After a five-year period of study, during which the student have to pass 170 credit hours, Faculty of Civil and Architectural Engineering at University of Kalamoon awards the following degrees:
1- A Bachelor in Civil Engineering
2- A Bachelor in Architectural Engineering
Faculty of Civil and Architectural Engineering at University of Kalamoon has two departments;
1- Civil Engineering Department.
2- Architectural Engineering Department.
The construction area of the laboratory complex is m24168 and it consists of three floors:
– Ground floor area: m23130
– First floor area: 843 m2
– Basement area: 195 m2
The ground floor consists of:
All laboratories contain an explanation hall equipped with a projection system, each of which accommodates twenty students, and is invested in conducting laboratory experiments, practical teaching and scientific research:
– Al-Beaton Laboratory: an area of 250 m2, under investment
– Building Materials Laboratory: an area of 120 m2, under investment
– Environmental Laboratory: an area of 70 m2, under construction
– Hydraulic Laboratory: 227 m2, under construction
– Soil Laboratory: an area of 148 m2, under investment
– Roads Laboratory: an area of 73 m2, under investment
– General Laboratory, an area of 124 m2 under preparation
2) Amphitheater: an area of 360 m2, it accommodates up to 254 seats
3) The main Lobby: an area of 2265 meters
• Maquette workshop: an area of 76.4 m2
• Bilksi Workshop: an area of 76.4 m2
• Painting workshop: an area of 60 m2
Carpentry workshop: 60 m2
5) Administrative rooms