Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Medicine at the University of kalamoon is the first medical faculty founded at a private university in Syria. Established and opened in the academic year 2004-2005 AD. What distinguishes our faculty is the combination between original and contemporary medical education as well as keeping pace with scientific and practical medical developments. This faculty seeks to be a leader in preparing a highly qualified practitioner, able to provide outstanding medical assistance to patients, aware of the society health needs, and ready to work in order to strengthen cultural ties with various medical faculties, scientific bodies, and health institutions, locally and internationally.
In the academic and research field:
– Providing an educational system that aims at preparing competent doctors who are able to meet society and individual’s health needs in an excellent way, and compete firmly on the national and global levels, doctors who are willing to stay engaged in learning and systematically scientific research, this is all to ensure the university contribution to the development of medical services and support of the surrounding environment, in an ethical framework and on the basis of team work. By benefiting from the distinguished laboratories and equipment owned by our faculty, we try to face priority health problems in a modern, up-to-date, scientific and practical methodology.
In the field of health services and community engagement:
– Contributing to providing safe, economical and of a high quality health care provided by the University Medical City. Our faculty also helps in defining our community health needs and in meeting them in coordination with the agencies responsible for health care, through work and education Among its most important goals:
1- preparing general graduated practitioners who are highly qualified, aware of the needs of their community, and ready to pursue specialized studies, and to conduct scientific research that links their university with community.
2- Empowering university medical education, depending on the medical and applied medical aspects, in a manner that is compatible with the requirements of contemporary scientific development.
3- Enhancing the spirit of group medical work (qualifying the graduate to work within an integrated team, and providing him with communication skills).
4- Contributing to the development of academic and scientific research methods, using advanced learning styles, according to the internationally adopted scientific research principles.
5 – Providing academic guidance for students during their pre-graduate as well as post-study phases, and working to help graduates to move towards the optimal selection of scientific events.
6- Encouraging the cultural, artistic and sports activities that refine the student’s intellectual, social and health personality.
7- Deepening cultural ties local and international faculties, medical centers, scientific organizations and health institutions.
With the aim of contributing to providing the health sector with highly qualified doctors who are at the forefront of distinguished doctors in Syria, university of kalamoon established the Faculty of Medicine to be the first of its kind.
Dear students: it was our pleasure that you choose Faculty of Medicine at University of Kalamoon, a choice that helps you meet your goals, the goals we, the university staff, work to achieve with ease. It is our responsibility to turn you into qualified and distinguished doctors who contribute to enhancing their people’s health conditions and work to serve humanity. We promise that we will do our best to provide you with all what is needed to make your way in life with ease, confidence, and success towards the best.
As we are on the threshold of the twenty-first century, the era of amazing scientific and medical progress, the need for learning and vocational training increases in order to keep pace with the imperatives of this tremendous scientific development in life and community systems on our prosperous planet. With all its facilities and laboratories, its Medical City, its methodological and parallel activities, Faculty of Medicine at University of Kalamoon works to be ready and able to provide the academic and training needs in a full and optimal manner. I hope none of us would ever forget that it is by education and work, homelands are built, and it is up to you- the youth for the future- to take this responsibility.
Dear Academic Staff:
Faculty of Medicine at University of Kalamoon is honored to attract the best academic cadres in the medical specialties in Syria. So that it is your responsibility to prepare promising medical competencies able to relieve the health situation and medical scientific research in our beloved country, Syria.
My colleagues, all doctors and workers in the Medical City:
Faculty of Medicine at our university is grateful to your efforts to take the medical service at the hospital at its highest level, it is because of your efforts, the Medical city has become number one in the field of clinical training for medical students among all private universities in Syria, and is distinguished in the field of specialized medical services.
– A bachelor in Medicine given after a 6-year study period, during which the student is required to pass 265 credit hours to obtain this leave. Our first graduate batch did it in the academic year 2009-2010.
1- Surgery department
2- Internal diseases Department
3- Anatomy, Histology and Embryo Department
4- Physiology and Pharmacology Department
Training on practical medical courses is carried out in a group of the faculty labs
– Clinical Skills Laboratory
– Physiology Laboratory
– Biochemistry Laboratory
– Cell and histology laboratory
– Embryo Laboratory
– Anatomy Laboratory (4)
– Toxicology and Forensic Laboratory
– Microbiology Laboratory
– Medicines Laboratory
– Pathological Autopsy laboratory
Clinical training takes place at the Medical City Hospital of University of Kalamoon and the hospitals of the General Authority for Kalamoon Hospitals (Al-Basel Hospital in Deir Atiyah, Al-Nabek Hospital and government universities hospitals).